The NHS Constitution
The NHS Constitution establishes the principles and values of the NHS in England. To read this constitution click on the following link:
Patient Confidentiality And Data Protection
We ask you for personal information so that you can receive appropriate care and treatment. This information is recorded on computer and we are registered under the Data Protection Act. The practice will ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times by all members of the practice team. However, for the effective functioning of a multi-disciplinary team it is sometimes necessary that medical information about you is shared between members of the practice team.
Freedom Of Information – Publication Scheme
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 obliges the practice to produce a Publication Scheme. A Publication Scheme is a guide to the ‘classes’ of information the practice intends to routinely make available.
We welcome any suggestions for improving our service. If you have any ideas please feel free to talk or write in to the practice manager.
If you would prefer to talk to your patient participation group they are available at the practice on the days that they attend for their meetings a list of these dates can be found under the Patient Group heading to the right of this page.
Help Us To Help You
- Please attend your appointment on time.
- If you are unable to attend please cancel your appointment in good time.
- The doctors try to run to time - be patient.
- Try to avoid bringing a long list of problems to one consultation – or ask for a longer appointment.
- An appointment is for one patient only.
- The out-of-hours service is an emergency service - please use it as such.
- If you are unable to work due to ill health your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate for the seven calendar days. Only after this will you need a doctor’s note.
Although we endeavour to give you the best possible service there may be times when you feel this has not happened. If you have a complaint or a concern about the service or care you have received, please let us know either directly or in writing to Jayne Pryor, practice manager.
We strongly support the NHS policy on zero tolerance. Anyone attending the surgery who abuses the GPs, staff or other patients be it verbally, physically or in any threatening manner whatsoever, will risk removal from the practice list. In extreme cases we may summon the police to remove offenders from the practice premises.